Friday, February 6, 2009

Laguna Deli

Over the last couple months I’ve had at least 3 people tell me about the food at the Laguna Deli (512 Laguna Street). It sems like word of mouth is turning this joint into one of those places where, “You’ve got to check it out”.

Well today I finally did, and I’m here to tell you it was damn good.

I got there early (meaning before every trades-person in the Haley/Gutierrez world had descended upon their counter at noon) and there was only a short line for food at the back of the store. The menu is short and simple, tacos (in 2 sizes) and plates, most of the normal meats, and a breakfast burrito that I am very excited to try next week. I ended up getting 4 tacos (2 carnitas, 1 adobada, and 1 asada). They were $1.25….and delicious. The carnitas was the best, moist but not too moist and quality meat. The asada was good too. I liked the adobada least, which is unfortunate because when it’s done right it’s by far my favorite meat-style (for absolutely great adobada check out Lily’s Tacos and Mayo’s Taqueria).
Huge thumbs up after this visit and I’ll write more after I get a breakfast burro next week.

2 comments:

  1. This is why I don't read this blog often. Now I'm hungry. And no Laguna Deli exists in this state. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Particularly non-existant in Utah is a Laguna Deli that has a recession busting happy hour deal of a pitcher of beer and 5 tacos for 10 bones.

    ReplyDelete